Monday, March 16, 2009

Using a Paradigm Shifing Tool ...

I bet that caught your attention .... here is the actual quote "Mind-mapping to me has been as paradigm-shifting as word processing and spreadsheets were; it's a whole new tool or methodology that allows me to (a) be more creative, (b) capture that creativity, and (c) not lose it, stay in control of it." David Allen of GTD fame in a recent interview .... (thanks to Chuck Frey twitter feed) ...

The interview was talking about his new book and taking the GTD system into a new light and utility ... good read and seems like a great book ... I think though the most important thing I took off the interview was the quote and the implications ... I have been evangelizing re the mind mapping tool, the flow of ideas and how I have used it for years now ... it is my primary idea processing and presentation management tool that I use constantly ... David has hit it on the head ... it is a new paradigm-shifting tool that frees the mind ...

If you haven't already discovered it ... go to see MindManager 8 from the folks at Mindjet or XMind for examples of robust tools that work ... You can also find great web based tools at MindMeister or CoMapping that will allow cloud or netbook use (note that both MindManager and XMind also have web capability) ... try it, you'll be amazed ...

No comments: