Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Collaboration Meets Social Networking …

I saw this article in Web Worker Daily (one of my must reads) highlighting a new app called manymoon …. the thing that caught me eye is the integration with google docs so you could attach a doc directly from your docs account (also like all others, you can also attach from your computer) … with the recent highlighted use of the google docs in a mindmap, this particular web based application adds another tool to the set … 

The interface is very clean and intuitive and there are twitter like abilities to post what you are doing and flopicture-35at ideas into the cloud … this takes a page out of the popular social networking sites and blends the user experience into a tool that you can use for serious work and collaboration … 

I think the highlight that I saw was the following comment by a user who said …

Nikhil Sama, University of Chicago Booth School of Business, MBA Student
I attend business school and needed a free and simple to use application that lets me manage my assignments and projects with study group members. Manymoon offers a web based tool that helps me track my assignments, papers and due dates. I create a project for each class and track all my assignments, documents and notes for the class. I can also invite study group members to work with me on each class project so that we can help each other out and share notes.
It's an easy to use tool of the future. If you use any social networks like Facebook or LinkedIn then you'll immediately be able to use Manymoon.

This is the end user of the future and this is his take on it … strong message being sent …. I am going to try this out for a few weeks and see … so far so good …

No comments: