Saturday, March 28, 2009

Memory Jogger Jogged Me …

It has been awhile since I used Jot (which went paid)  … reQall Logothen I used Sandy (which went by way of the dodo) and I had tried reQall  which was OK, but at that point I just didn’t feel like I wanted to invest the time anymore searching for a phone assistant …  let me digress a moment to give you the functionality that I was looking for …

The Memory Jogger function that I was trying to find was a program that would allow me to call from my phone and get the note transcribed for me rather than having to stop and write things out (horrible handwriting, so it was a toss up to even being able to discern the idea later) … so with that in mind, I got an email from the folks at reQall reminding me of my free account and announcing more depth to their offering ….

Well, there are two levels of service and I am happily using the free level, as I explore this and use it over the next few weeks, the paid service may be valuable, but that will be examined … this does all I want and much more … I have a blackberry (I note iPhone and windows mobile clients also) and the downloaded client using the service is a great todo list and active idea list … unique to this service is the ability to post to different lists and then have it all nicely displayed on your client or you can even retrieve them on your phone … I really like the email listing of the transcription as I can then take it to a google doc and have the idea started and I can flesh it out on the google document as I go …

There is much more on this service … glad I got the email and I encourage you to investigate the web page and see if this could prove valuable to you ….

No comments: