Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Handy Paperless Replacement ...


I have been a big fan of Post-it notes since the first time I saw them ... have consumed many trees worth ... I have also been looking for replacement ePost-it solution that I would use ... I bought the Post-it software and kept it through many iterations and tried all sorts of alternatives, but they were either cumbersome to use or lacked something ....

During my morning Lifehacker read I happened on a post by Kevin Purdy that seems to have led to a great solution. Hott Notes ... this freeware application captures notes in the familiar metaphor and will create and keep them on your desktop immeidately available with a hot key combo ... I has multiple types of notes, of particular interest is the ink note (the Post-it software was the only one earlier that had this feature), this is particularly helpful to me as my portable office is a Thinkpad X61 tablet PC ... so having a quick ink note is nirvana for a tablet user ...

The list feature for the note template is also super useful for mini reminders of things to do and get or buy ... you know all you out there that keep lists of everything ... so far so good on this as I have downloaded to both my XP and Vista machines it works great ... now lets go out and save more trees ....

No comments: