Saturday, February 02, 2008

Creating A Psuedo Concept Map ...


Many a time I have had to try and create a concept map .. one of the better tools I have used is Gliffy that is a web based application ..... today I needed something like a concept map, but simpler ... although as I went through the exercise, it could be used to create fairly complex representations ... here is the finished item ...

As you can see, it is pretty illustrative and now I can see how to make things and represent ideas using my old favorite, MindManager ... the trick is actually two fold using SnagIt to get and manipulate jpg files ... I captured the diagram and then annotated using the snag it editor ... then I saved the second image ... opened the trusty mindmanager 7 and started to make a map by inserting the jpg into the branches ... then the magic occurs ... you take hit the shift key after selecting the branch and move it, it becomes a floating topic without the branching ... so you can see the possibilities ... a hybrid map showing off some concepts while retaining structure in a map ... by blending these two applications I created a quick representation that I am presenting ... the picture (map) is worth a thousand words ...

No comments: