Monday, February 11, 2008

A Great Solution ...


While browsing my morning reading I noticed an intriguing post by the Web Worker Daily site ... this scenario plays out a lot while travelling and this may be the answer ... let me set the stage ... you have need of some items out of a pdf brochure that you don't have the text for or you have a doc that you need to translate to pdf for distribution ... I have programs on my desktop machine that handle these chores, but when travelling with my tablet pc I see this as a better alternative ...

The application highlighted is Koolwire and I played with a couple of conversions this morning and it works like a charm ... I had a brochure with pics and text and I sent it to: doc at koolwire dot com and voila in a minute or so, I had an rtf doc with the photos and diagrams and test all neatly in an rtf doc. This makes it easy to get the pieces out of the brochure or easily makes additions to the brochure simple work. The other way is as fast and simple, just send a doc up and the pdf file comes back. Short and sweet .. it is great to have something as simple and effective to use (note on the screen shot that you can also convert mp3 and wav files too) ...

I saw a couple of other things this morning that I will explore later today ... be back if they work ...

No comments: