Monday, February 27, 2006

A Neat Solution ....


Once I created the website (which is nearing final form), I needed to upload some graphics ... the problem of melding a photo with drawn diagrams to show a model is one that I have been trying to figure out for a long time. I think I got it ... let me share the process ...

I downloaded OpenOffice as it has a very good drawing module, once there I created my 2D drawing representing an addition to an existing piece of equipment .... now you have a choice once this is done ... you can save it to a word doc and import the pic there (the elements can be further moved in the document) or you can import right into the draw page ... regardless of what you decide to do (the word would give you the ability to add notes and discussion to the photo) ... the secret is in the last step.

I have the Micosoft snipping tool for the tablet PC (that is how I got the screen captures from earlier posts) .. once there I set it for rectangular area and just highlighted the drawing along with the photo .... great results and very quick and easy ....

No comments: