Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Mobile Notes .... Crafting the Perfect Pocket Companion

Today' s post on one of my favorite blogs .. jkOnTheRun prompted me to highlight this amazing FREE application that I use daily .... the PocketMod is a little 8 page notebook in free form that you create using one sheet of paper and a scissors. I normally carry my edition with me whenever I am out and it has become and indispensable part of my persona ... let me tell you my configuration and then go into the production setup ...

My PPM (Personal PocketMod - don't you just love to guess the letters) has got a blank cover on front and a 2006 calendar on the back ... the first 4 inner pages are a shopping list template and the last two inside pages consist of a note page and a grid page for drawings. I use the shopping lists daily an the four pages have never been exceeded on a scratched out look will reveal. The note page is for work related thoughts and the grid page is simply for ideas ... if something really important and fleeting appears ... the front cover is convenient and quick ... many a great thought was captured there .... in fact, today that is exactly what happened as I was out ... I am working on a document that started on the cover of my PPM ... I have printed another and will tranfer items not bought into the new one and discard the old one when I am done writing ...

Creating your own could not be simpler ... if you go to the link that I provided you can decide your layout of pages from many items that they have ... mix and match your layout to your hearts content or needs ... one tip on printing ... I simply select custom size and print through to create a full page (no need to trim) ... once you print out your single sheet, there is a folding instruction page that will highlight how to fold this ... pretty fun and ingenius ... cut on the dotted line as instructed and fold again .... VOILA , your PPM is ready to go .... I don't carry my tablet with me at all times, so this little one page gem becomes my repository until I can get back to the computer ... try it ... the price is great !!! especially considering that it works !!!

No comments: