Monday, April 10, 2006

To Synch is Divine ....

In the last week or so I went back to one of my old friends ... GoBinder the 2006 iteration ... after repeated forays into other methods of taking notes on my trusty Motion m1400 tablet PC, I keep coming back. I will go into a more in depth use of GoBinder in a later post, but let me go into the particulars of what I have now that works great for me.

I use Outlook as my hub as it seems most applications have some sort of synch capability with Outlook. Not to disapointed, there is a great mobilizer built into GoBinder that handles my critical apps ... Contacts with copious notes and Appointments on the calendar .. I use the notes function on the Contact screens to create contemporaneous notes of conversations or critical pieces of information that are tied to the contact. These are critical to my work flow and I need to insure that all is well and updated ...

I also use Airset on my desktop always opened in a browser window as I find that using the airset application is actually faster and easier to use than loading Outlook and hogging all the resources necessary. Airset allows me to enter appointments and notes and other information in an incredibly quick and efficient way ... So what I do is use either GoBinder or Airset to enter information and synch to Outlook functioning as a hub of sorts ... works for me ....

I will follow this in the next day or so with the features of the new GoBinder and why I have chosen this over the other numerous note taking choices ....

No comments: