Friday, April 07, 2006

Evolution of the Map


I thought it would be instructive to show you how the map evolves to manage the project. The new figure shows the inclusion of a spreadsheet that is actually linked to our main project submission and contains key elements that are cross linked to working estimates. This dynamic spreadsheet window gives me key numbers used in negotiating that will be up to date and easily modified. Also shown here are the dates and resource use as entered in the task pane ... I use the dates to give me not only deadlines, but aging as required with the specific item. The resource field gives me a way to keep tabs on all the items that are assigned to different members at each juncture. An extremely valuable adjunct is the ability to craft a negotiating stance based on the project being fleshed out ... at a glance using this technique and also highlighting with color it enables you to quickly realize what is a give up and what is critical in a negotiating meeting. All of your details and documentation can be carried by linking key docs and sheets and even presentations to this one map portal as I like to call them ...

I will post later how I tie in the GoBinder inking solution to meetings as I print this map to an ink document to carry into meetings ... and how all the tasks and scheduling are handled in GoBinder linked to Airset via Outlook ....

No comments: