Thursday, April 13, 2006

Great Product, Great Service ....

I am about to go on a quick trip and always tweaking the "mobile" configuration of my machine ... a wonderful Motion Computing M1400 ... there are a couple concerns and annoyances when I travel and just happened to be reminded of a product I had seen a while ago. I had bookmarked the SlateGlove site and went back to it ... let me tell you, from the word go, they were super responsive on the order and were willing to go the extra mile ... very refreshing in this day and age. I am in Hawaii and most shipping calculators do not do the charge correctly, so they worked with me to get it done at a more reasonable cost and they got it out that day !!!!!

Let me digress to tell you what the problems are for me ... I travel with a thinkoutside bluetooth keyboard and always have the problem of how to support the unit ... I have travelled extensively and was using the old plastic motion stand that I got with my first machine ... not elegant, but served its purpose ... when I saw the website, I immediately had to order the unit as it would support the tablet on a table both in landscape and portrait ... problem no 1 solved. Second problem, I carry the tablet in a top loading briefcase and am always gingerly first finding the grip and then applying a "death" grip so as not to drop the unit ... the SlateGlove gives me a secure surface on the back of the machine to grab comfortably ... prob no 2 gone.

There are many obvious things if you go to the website that the attachment will do, including a much better way of holding the slate securely ... ie, probably where they got the name ... the product does not interfere with docking or battery changeout, so it is a wonderful solution for a Motion owner (have all models now including the LE1600 - no 800) ... The workmanship is superb and documentation is detailed and thoughtful ... I really like attention to detail, and let me end with a little something that blew me away ... you install the unit by taking two case screws out and adding on the nicely designed tapered unit that will fit snugly into the case holes ... we in the hinge section is a machined spot to put the original case screws so they will not be lost when you take the unit off ... that attention to detail is indicative of this product ... highly recommended product and company behind it ....

No comments: