Sunday, March 12, 2006

Portable office to go ....

I have been searching for a good way to use my portable USB drives, both flash and hard ... there has been lots of press on using apps with the new U3 standard that is being included with several new flash drives ... I like the idea, but paying for that is not something I would normally do ... so I kept searching and found a great site ... PortableApps which has open source applications like OpenOffice, firefox and thunderbird that are tweaked to install and run off the drives ... perfect ... you could load your data files and have the openoffice, plug into any usb while at a friends or cafe and voila, you are up and working. It will also take your settings from firefox, etc so you are right at home while not being at home ... great stuff ...

No comments: