Monday, May 18, 2009

Added Utility to Google Apps …

5-18-2009 1-37-54 PMJust happened on this addition to Google Calendar that really shakes things up again.  One of my favorite items was using Remember the Milk with Gmail … it worked really great for me and provided a todo list that was always there to be used … enter google tasks …. I noticed the little item that appeared on my left navigation pane … and when I hit the button, 5-18-2009 1-39-35 PMlook what appeared on the lower right hand of the screen …

 

Surprise surprise … you all know how I love mapping and outlining, so this fit my wheelhouse as the entries can be nested in outline fashion so I can put info and expand and contract as I need … it also allows you to create multiple lists … this gives you the freedom of segregating entire lists of things, I intend to use this feature to manage projects and processes that do not need to be on the main list, but can be referred to when I am working on them ….5-18-2009 1-32-54 PM

Now here is where the fun really starts … I saw on google calendar the same button appear … could it be?  could they have really given me the ability to span my email and calendar functions …  check it out  ….5-18-2009 1-34-46 PM 

 

Here it is right on the right pane of my calendar when I hit the magic button … “tasks”  … it gives me limited ability to manage projects, etc and create items on the task list on on the calendar …

 

5-18-2009 1-54-13 PM

Here is a shot of an entry I just did that shows an appt on the 6th of June … by creating this, it automatically inserted a check box in my calendar that referred to the task list item …. you get the idea, this is super handy for items that are due or things that are driven by deadlines …

This addition changes the flow of work … remember that all of these items are embeddable both in iGoogle home page and in a MindManager Map that will give you your workflow dashboard ….

No comments: