Friday, January 18, 2008

More Productivity, Less Hassle ...


In a recent thread I showed how I am using Remember the Milk items (one of the best web apps) to create a todo list right on my gmail interface ... Kevin over at jkOnTheRun picked up on this and continued the thread (I have them on my RSS feeds and read diligently EVERY day .. a must read for all) ...

Well Kevin found another great tip today ... to add the gCal to the sidebar on Firefox ... well that is one that I also use, but I do keep the two items separate, the todo or task list and appts, and that seems to work best for me .... so I looked at the writeup and it indeed is sweet and quick so that got me thinking .... I started using a great app, StartAid, which is simply a web based bookmark system ... quick digression, the other thing I need is basically a real time synch so when I go out with my X61t I will always be good to go (I previously discussed how I use Foldershare as it keeps all my work files up to date on both computers in basically real time) ... anyway, startaid gave me a basically updated bookmark system that I find far easier to use than other schemes I have been trying, so I was thinking what if I took the insrtuctions and just modified the use to startaid ... first pic is of the startaid side bar that pops up ... I just dragged the link to the bar and voila ... I bookmarked it ... now when I hit the bookmark .... drumroll please .... an agenda and quick way to add events, etc .... this is really slick and quick ... thanks all, this was where I was trying to get to ... I like the igoogle page, but my calendar and tasks seem to lose their focus when surrounded, these tricks really allow you to focus, post, and get back to where you were ... keys to better productivity ...

No comments: