Saturday, March 03, 2007

Mindomo ... A New and Rich Web Based Mindmapper ...


In one of my daily reads (The Mind Mapping Software Weblog) I read about a new application that really fit the bill, Mindomo ... I am thrilled with Mind Meister, but this one really blows the application space to a new level ... it is rich in formatting and fast ... creating a really good looking map is simple and easy to effect. It does not have all the functionality (map imports in particular) ready, but as a beta version it rocks ... I used it today to create a project board for some work that I am doing presently (see attached clipping) .... as you can see this interface really looks like a desktop app and it is deep as you change the menus by hitting the various items above .. this layout is very similar to the ribbon variety in Office 2007 ...

It allows for task management of resources and dates and allowing icons to show progress and priority ... this is enough for a down and dirty work and having it available from any machine makes it immenently useable ... one thing I find really handy as I create larger and larger maps is the ability to hide branches coupled with the shrink and grow view so I can look at a whole map or concentrate on just a branch ... repositioning the map is a simple matter of dragging and making the map fit the screen ... really essential to the way I like to work ....

This may be a beta version, but the promise the first look holds is amazing ... there will be several levels of service available starting with a feature rich free version that limits you to 7 private maps ... additional options open up this amazing app to maybe become a significant part of your tool box .....

No comments: