Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Creating a Starting Point ....

It is with always great anticipation when I first fire up the computer in the morning .. what wondrous things have transpired overnight and what do I have to do today ... makes everyday an adventure ... well, in the last few months of my journey I have become more enamored with the new breed of web pages that provide live feeds from all sorts of things ... used to be if you got news and stock quotes that was the start, then you needed to go to your emails, update todo lists, see the calendar .. etc etc, you know the drill ....

Well, I am down to my final two choices and they have been going at it with almost daily additions to my ability to monitor all things from one page and get going .... I am using Google and Netvibes as my two pages of choice .... here are examples of how I use them ...


Netvibes .... as you can see from this a lot of information in one area ... the main things are the Remember the Milk module that is my running todo list ... actually a lot more by going to the site for here for projects and notes, etc. I also have my Gmail being monitored along with weather and ebay .. notice the tabs at the upper left corner ... there is the RSS feeds that I monitor and I can go to read and the Meebo tab allows IM from this web page without having to load a client ... this is a great service and the modules are endless so you can design you own info portal ....

Now to the Google Home page ... very similar but with the integrated gmail, gcalendar, and the addition today of gtalk which gives me a good idea of who is online, this gets increasingly useful a service ... I have a countdown clock to make sure I have enough time to train for the next marathon, horoscopes just because ... notice the use of tabs here also for news and other information ... both pages have the Remember the Milk and Del icio us bookmarks ... I use both now daily and keep evolving in their roles ... they are both great, you can make them your own way to start your day ....

No comments: