Monday, March 12, 2007

Truly a WOW moment ...

In keeping with the latest advertising campaigns created by Microsoft, I had one of those moments today while getting my morning java ... I had seen on an ad for McDonalds last night that they have a unit now to preload their premium coffee ... I decided to stop in today and try this out ... well, in a way to do away with waste, they installed a dispenser system that you can tell them how many creams and sugars to put into the cup ... actually a great idea as all the little paper packages for sweetener and plastic tubs for cream can be done away with ... I applaud that and hope more will follow .... then the WOW moment occurred when I paid my bill ... a large coffee was $1.86

HMMMMMM ... things started to go around in my head and I remembered buying coffee at my local Starbucks just the other day ... the memory was that the charge was not too much north of what McD's had just tagged me for ... SOOOOO ... I stopped at my cafe in the local Borders just to check out this seeming incongruity .... there is was right next to all the latte mochiata frappacino double soy listings ... Grande coffee (read large) $1.85 .. in fact for 10 cents more you can get the mega Venti size and sit there for most of the morning sipping ...

What is this world coming to ... when you picture McD's and Starbucks you see two different cultures and related prices of admission ... how can this be ... I know McDonalds now has WiFi access, but somehow sitting in the McD's stalls does not have the same ambiance ... and I would think meeting a client for business would not go over too well in the face of Big Macs and fries ... truly a WOW moment ....

No comments: