Tuesday, April 28, 2009

MindManager Web could be The Answer …

Chalk this one up to technical difficulties … over the last few days I have been having problems with my Vista based X61 tablet and so have been exploring my alternatives to getting things done with my needs …. well, I didn’t really have time this happened to 4-28-2009 9-47-38 PMreally explore how the new MindManager Web works … I need to tell you this really ROCKS …

First of all, I took the application into a chrome window and split it off so I have a quick launch icon to fire it up … by doing this, it has the feel of opening a desktop app and the interface is really slick … the flash based web interface is slick, fast and responsive … you can virtually create anything 4-28-2009 9-50-32 PMyou could do on the desktop in your browser … it really feels like a MM8 Lite …. all of the important controls are there and the application really gets out of your way … no thinking needed, just go for it …

Then I really found out the sweetspot on this app … on the upper right corner in small icons is the absolute most significant part of this … see the circled items for instant meeting and chat … well, I enabled instant meeting, and now you can simply put in an email address and the invite is gone … I sent it to my other machine and the magic happened .. there was my screen on the 4-28-2009 9-52-12 PMother machine in all it’s glory … it was like the remote applications that we have all seen on web conferences, etc .. but this also allows you to simulate a laser pointer to highlight sections, and even better for working with collaborators, you can allow editing from the remote machine … this is incredibly easy to use and makes for a significant step to using the map for collaboration … fully web based, this application will allow you to download maps to your desktop machine or simply use the web and this app as your computer in the clouds … I am anxious to see how this will work on a netbook … if any of you out there have one, let me know how it works …   

No comments: