Monday, February 26, 2007

On to the Net ....

Day 3 and feeling it ... puter should arrive tomorrow and be back soon ... I hope I hope ... getting used to working with a new setup ... I am operating on a very OLD compaq presario 2800 ... I think it is going on 4-5 years old now and still going strong ... this is my son's workhorse, so he allowed me to use his machine this week ... he has it humming, so I think there must be some surgery on motion when I get it back to get rid of some of the fat ... this computer is amazingly quick compared to my baby, so it will be time to clean house .. that will be on another day ...

The experiment continues as I attempt to keep a normal workflow utilizing mostly web based services and this kind of simulates being on the road ... today I will comment on my Netvibes setup as it has become one of my hubs to the day ... the netvibes page has evolved to become quite a powerhouse and incredibly useful and enteraining .... I have my site set up with three tabs, one called home which is the start page, another called news where I have multiple rss feeds and the last meebo .. which I have Meebo installed (great web service that allows IM using most services ... no need to install clients on the machine anymore).

My main page contains .... my gmail account that posts new mail ... weather for my home ... ebay monitor that I can see things I have bid on, am selling and watching ... a Remember the Milk module that allows you to add and check off items from RtM (if you haven't tried this service, go for it, like it to a todo list on steroids) ... Del Icio Us module so I can retrieve any item that I have marked (I have firefox add in for bookmarking that allows me to easily post to delicious) ... a little poker module for entertainment and a web note module for things I need to remember just in case ... looking at this whenever I get up throughout the day gives me a great handle on things ... the one great thing being the ajax type page is that you don't need to refresh to get your information ... updates on a timely manner ... the other great thing is the myriad of add ins that you can simply add and move around a page ... any sort of information of service is available from this great service ... try it for yourself .. works for me ...

Tomorrow I will write on my other page that I am trying, Google personalized ....

No comments: