Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Docking Station on the Cheap ....

I saw this note on TabletGear and it seems to be the last part of the puzzle ... I always am looking for a flexible solution to desktop use of my Tablet PC and laptop ... well, I have a beautiful 20" monitor and top of the line logitech wireless keyboard and laser mouse ... I normally buy a docking station, but the $200+ accessory for convenience is a little steep ... there are aftermarket docking solutions, but the biggest hangup is the video output (a powered multiport usb hub is great except for video hookup) ... the article highlights a simple usb video adapter ... SO ... take a multiport hub and connect all your accessories along with the video and dock through the one usb connection to your monitor, keyboard, mouse, printer, scanner, etc etc .... plug the ac adapter and have a two connection dock that will work for any portable tablet, notebook, laptop, etc etc .....

No comments: